Register here to join the ABF Career Alliance in Austin on Saturday, May 6, from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm at First Church of Christ, Scientist. (Lunch is included.) Doors open at 9:00 a.m. Google Map.
Whether you’re ready to take a step forward in your career or to help someone else, this event offers opportunities for exciting new career connections, inspiration, and the rewards that come from helping others.
Who should attend? Anyone interested in advancing their career: college students, recent grads, job seekers, career changers, and those willing to be career allies to others. ABF Career Alliance events are open to the entire Christian Science family, including those friendly to Christian Science.
- A keynote by Congressman Lamar Smith representing the 21st Congressional District of Texas.
- How to build valuable connections in informational interviews, a hands-on practice session ed by Robin Jones, Manager of the ABF Career Alliance
- Two interactive panel discussions: one with successful Austin area professionals who will offer specific examples of how Christian Science has impacted their career, and one with recent graduates sharing how they navigated their career search and what they learned
- Multiple networking opportunities, including a networking lunch
- Job and career information hosted by ABF Career Alliance sponsors
- Parking is available in the church parking lot at First Church of Christ, Scientist, Austin, 1309 Guadalupe Street
- Overflow parking is also available in the SXSW parking lots: either the one entered from Gaudadalup Street, between W. 13th and W. 14th (closest to the church), or the lot on Lavaca Street, between W. 14th and W. 15th.
About the ABF Career Alliance
Finding the right job or career path can be challenging in today’s world of impersonal online applications. Yet the top career search experts agree: the best opportunities come from one-to-one connections. That's why the ABF Career Alliance was created. The ABF Career Alliance connects Christian Science job seekers (and those "friendly" to Christian Science) with seasoned professionals in their fields of interest, who are also Christian Scientists. These professionals, or "career allies," are eager to share their knowledge, and at times their contacts, with their extended family-faith community.
This ABF Career Alliance event in Texas is sponsored by individual Christian Scientists who value our work to build an active, dynamic career community whose members share the common bond of Christian Science. Learn more about the benefits of being an ABF Career Alliance sponsor.
About The Albert Baker Fund
“For fifty years The Albert Baker Fund has provided loans, scholarships, and grants for the education of Christian Scientists around the world,” says Albert Baker Fund CEO, Alan Bashor. “And through this work we encourage each of our recipients to ‘pass their blessings forward’ by contributing to the Christian Science Movement, their communities, and the world. What better extension of our purpose than to help Christian Scientists who have completed their education and now need help in the world of work? The ABF Career Alliance was created to meet this need!”